Friday, May 6, 2011

To the Market

On Sunday we went to the SOWA Open Market.  It's an original art and indie design market in Boston's South End.  For anyone familiar with how addictive browsing etsy.com can be, it was like that - but in person!!
I was good, and only bought one thing, but I'm planning on going back again (muaahahaha).  The Open Market is held every Sunday though October!



I bought this awesome brooch from it's sew you....


Here are a few other great finds:

I loved this necklace from c.e. golden




A girl was trying it on with this nest necklace, which was smaller and shorter, and the 2 of them looked awesome together!


I also really liked Elizabeth from looka jewelry.  She was very nice and willing to make custom pieces.  My favorites were her letter necklaces and I thought the bug jewelry was so unique! 



If one-of-a-kind handbags are your thing, there were some great ones from Becky Oh!  This linen wristlet was so pretty in person: 
















Last but not least, Nancy Reid Carr had some beautiful photographs printed on alminum!  They were really amazing in person, tough to appreciate in an online picture but they look awesome on metal.





After the market, we went to lunch at the Gaslight with Aunt Krissy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics