Friday, May 20, 2011

Grammy K, Playdates, & Sleep!

Mom was here during the beginning of the week and she was so excited to spend some time with little G.  We walked around Salem on Tuesday and went to lunch at Tavern in the Square.  Gwen was a champ and even took a little cat nap during our walk.
The babe has been nursing a lot less these days (she's down to about 5x/day as opposed to 10-12 in the beginning), which makes it a lot easier to take her out for longer periods of time.  It's been such a luxury for me to be able to spend some extra time with her and not have to rush back home (or into the backseat of the car) to feed her.

Here's a pic of G waiting for grammy to arrive, wearing the sweater from her and grandpa k 





















We went to our nursing group per usual on Wednesday.  I never have any pics because moms are always feeding their babies during it, and well, it would just be weird if I pulled out my phone and started taking pics.  We've been going to this group almost every week since Gwen was about 5 weeks old.  There are always some new faces, but a lot of people I've seen on a very consistent basis and it's so cool to see all of the changes in these babies in such a short period of time.  Gwen loves tummy time during group because she's so entertained checking out all of the other babies.
Afterwards, we were invited to one of the other moms' houses for a snack.  Small world - it turns out I know her husband, he was one of my gym members at work!


On Thursday, after Yoga (there's only one class left, which I'm pretty bummed about), we hung out with a great group of mommas and babes.  I was debating whether or not I should sign up for this yoga class initially because it's about 30 minutes from our house, but I have to say that I'm very glad that I did!  The yoga itself has been a lot of fun, but I'm so happy to have met an awesome group of women and we plan on continuing to get together even after the classes have ended.  The girls - Ava, Callie, and Gwen - and the little stud, Brody(not pictured) are all very close in age too, which is a lot of fun.

Milestone:  I haven't mentioned it yet, partly because I don't want to jinx it, but Gwen has been pretty much sleeping through the night!  We put her to bed around 7:30 or 8pm and she sleeps until about 2:30 or 3am.  I know, you're probably thinking how is that sleeping through the night?! Technically, anything longer than 5hrs for a breastfed baby is considered sleeping through the night.  So really, I'm still getting up once a night before she wakes up for good around 7:30am or so, but I'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. Funny visual of you darting into your backseat to breastfeed. A close co-worker of mine has 4 month old twins - Lucy and Brody. I thought of that with the stud Brody of the group.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics