Tuesday, May 10, 2011

First Mother's Day!

Sunday was my first Mother's Day! Well, technically last mother's day she was a little seedling that we suspected existed.  My special day actually started on Saturday night (although I really pushed for a FULL weekend of pampering beginning Friday night hah).  Justin went out to pick up some pizza.  We were going to have it delivered, until he realized that 'Gwen' FORGOT to get me a mother's day card.  So he ran out to get the card, picked up the pizza, and surprised me with my favorite ice cream (coffee oreo with multi-colored sprinkles)!!  Nice work Justin! (ps - those are size small ice creams!)



On Sunday morning, I was greeted by my 3 favorites with my mother's day gift :)


How adorable is this!? Gwen signed the card.


Here is my gift - a sweet necklace with the initial "g" on it for Gwen.  It's so dainty and pretty, I can wear it with just about anything.  LOVE it :) 
btw - it's an etsy find which makes me love it even more.

We had a really relaxing day, Justin made me breakfast and we had a nice leisurely morning.  We were going to go into Boston but it was raining a bit and we figured it would be so hectic, so we decided against it.  I got a manicure instead.  Which, ended up being not so hot - I went to a spa...next time I'm sticking with the asians.  The lady kept telling me that the color I chose was too light (I always get the light colors and they normally come out fine), and it came out so blotchy.  Oh well, it was still nice to have some 'me' time.  After that, we went over to Nana and Papa S's for dinner.  Justin's parents and Eric and Kerri were so thoughtful and gave me mothers day cards and gifts too!  I love watching them with Gwen, and she loves visiting with them.  She was all smiles :)

1 comment:

  1. Love Gwen's signature! The necklace is beautiful too - Justin shops on etsy too? WOW. Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

    Seems like I can post using Safari but not Firefox - weird.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics