Saturday, April 9, 2011

three months

Gwen is 3 months today!  This means that technically she is no longer considered a "newborn", which makes me sad but excited at the same time.  I watch short video clips that we took of her during her first week and she seems soooo tiny (her cheeks hadn't filled in yet).  She was basically a little lump - eating, sleeping, pooping, crying, hiccuping.
3 months later... it sounds like such a short amount of time, but it's amazing how many little changes we've seen and how much more interactive she's become.  She's looking up at the toys on her play mat and grabbing for them.  She holds her head up like a champ during tummy time.  Just this morning I caught her staring at her foot while she was sitting on me, so I put her hand on it and she started playing with her foot!  It cracks me up because reading this back, if I didn't have a baby I'd be wondering what the big deal is.  But it's so amazing watching a little person learn how to interact with herself and with her surroundings for the first time.  I feel so lucky to be able to experience all of these little milestones with her.  The best part of my day is in the morning when I go into her room to the sounds of her cooing and "talking" to herself and she looks up at me from her crib with this huge gummy smile and starts shrieking with excitement to see me.  There's no better feeling, and I know it's only going to get better.
Happy 3 months baby girl <3

4 comments:

  1. I love it Laur...Gwen is so lucky to have such a loving mother. Happy 3 months! Love ya, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! We can't wait to see you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your mommy blog. I read this one out loud to Casey over the weekend and said 'Lauren is such a good mommy!" Enjoy every moment of it, you deserve to slow down and experience all the little things with your adorable daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics