Thursday, April 7, 2011

Outings

I had to post this pic of Gwen, on our way to our breastfeeding group yesterday:


She's wearing her favorite giraffe outfit from Aunt Annie, and the jacket was her very first gift after we found out we were pregnant - from Gram & Grandpa.
We go to breastfeeding group every Wednesday - it's been a great excuse to get out of the house for a few hours, especially with the brutal weather we've had this winter!




We went to our first "Mommy & Baby" Yoga class this morning.  Because I can never find anything going on up by me, we drove a little out of the way.  It was so worth it, though - I loved being able to do the exercises while holding and playing with her.  It's always nice meet other moms with babies Gwen's age, and they were such a friendly group.  We're looking forward to doing it again next week!





After Yoga, we came home for some lunch and then we had to take advantage of the sun, so we went back out to the park for a walk with The Jig.



Gwen Update:  She has been really reaching for toys and grasping them a lot more lately.  Also, I've started to pull her up to a seated position while she lays down on the floor, and today I caught her lifting her head and trying to sit up in her bassinet!  Obviously that's not going to happen for a while, but you can tell she really wants to do it. <3

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time and taking advantage of some great activities. Spring will be there soon and you can get lots of sunshine and great weather to enjoy with Gwen & Jackson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you my lady for breastfeeding too! I feel like its a lost art these days...and the few I know who do, stopped in the first few months. To each their own, but I'm a strictly breastfeeding momma.

    ...heck I'm breastfeeding as I type this...xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're SO looking forward to it, Megs!!

    Thanks Brooke - I don't think many people realize how tough it can be! I'm actually drafting a post dedicated to breastfeeding that I'll publish this week. Glad to hear that you're sticking with it too!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics