Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Crafts

Mom and Dad came over today because I've been wanting to make a Christmas stocking for Gwen.  We went shopping for some fabric last month, but of course I needed some assistance from mom.  She made stockings for us when we were little, and when Justin and I got married, she made each of us (including Jackson) one for our new house.  I thought it would be nice to make a similar one for Gwen's first Christmas.  Here is the finished product!


notice Jackson's stocking on the right, we need another stocking holder now!





While we were at it, I wanted to try some DIY baby legs that I found on this lovely blog through pinterest the other day.  I bought a pair of knee high socks at Target (I thought the faux fur cuffs would be cute for the holidays):

Cut off the toe and heel (keeping the portion in between and folding it inside itself):


 And sewed them into cuffs onto the ends:


 Voila! Cute as a button



PS - we just got our Christmas cards in the mail today and I cannot wait to send them out!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. So cute and you make it look so easy. I hope you love the cards! What did you think of the pearl paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pearl paper looks awesome!!! They came out so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fantastic, Lauren! I love the baby legs, and Gwen will cherish her stocking forever!! <3 Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics