Wednesday, November 9, 2011

ten months

Oh, how these months are flying by.

Looking back, I had a good 4 months where Gwen was sitting by herself but not mobile.  I know moms who would kill for that.  Not gonna lie, it was pretty nice.  Well she's crawling now (much to Jackson's dismay), and not even just the army crawl - if she's on a rug and has good traction, she'll actually crawl on her knees :)  Lucky for us, she's still very "cerebral" as my dad has put it, and seems to always think about her next move.  Therefore, she's not on a tornado path throughout the house...yet.  I'm really enjoying watching her develop a personality these days.  During her playdates, she's one of the more quiet babies...maybe quiet isn't the right word...I mean, she can be LOUD when you get her started.  But she watches the other babies and usually she'll find a toy that she likes and flip on her back to examine it over her head while grabbing onto it with her feet.  She'll find a baby she likes and reach out and poke the occasional eye.  Lately,  as all of the babies have been getting older, there are some fast movers and some "bulldozers" that we need to watch out for.  They'll find a toy that they like (read: any toy that any other baby is playing with) and create a path of bulldozed babies along their way to get it.  It's not just moms chatting and snacking while the babies sleep in their carriers anymore (hah, man that was good while it lasted).
I know, I know...no pic.  Our external hard drive crashed again and I'm waiting to get all of my pics back!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable update! I picture Jackson thinking "what the hell is going on" when Gwen is moving around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystal! Yea, Jackson is not too sure about the whole "moving baby" thing haha. Sometimes he doesn't mind it, but other times he'll just get up and walk away. We just have to make sure to give him some extra attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw..I look at Dexter now and think how neglected he is going to be once the baby comes! He likes Nick more though so I'm thinking Nick can cater to him a bit more, and we have alot of friends that really love Dexter so they'll be a help too. Can't wait to see some updated Gwen pics though - they always make me smile! I was passing around the pic of her with the turkey hat and we were all cracking up!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics