Thursday, November 10, 2011

the countdown

Lately I've been feeling a little overwhelmed because I know that these next couple of months are going to fly by. It's Gwen's very first holiday season - which has me SO excited, especially since she has such a cute little personality now. We're hosting Thanksgiving this year, then Christmas is right around the corner, and before we know it - Gwen's first birthday! I have a bit of anxiety thinking about it because with everything going on in the next 2 months, I keep feeling like I'm going to forget to do something or look back and think of something I missed or should've done differently for her first Christmas and first birthday. I guess I'm putting more pressure on myself than is really necessary.

I was talking to Justin about it the other night and I realized that the real reason I'm having a hard time with the BIG O.N.E is because I'm really going to miss this first year. This is the time that I'm going to look back on and think to myself - man, I really had it good! I couldn't ask for a better tempered baby. I've been lucky enough to not have to work, so I've been able to enjoy every.single.milestone as it happened. I've met a ton of other moms and babies in the past year through various mom groups, mom and baby yoga classes, and library story times. The other day I was driving to the gym after a Playdate at the zoo and Donna was at home watching Gwen so I could work out.  As I was driving, I thought to myself - this is just too good, there's no way it can last...can it?  I am totally excited for the future, but man I have it good now, and I'll always be able to smile when I look back on my first year as a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics