Thursday, August 18, 2011

DIY Headbands

I love putting headbands on Gwen (maybe it's because she's lacking in the hair department? hehe), but I can never find any in person, that I like.  I've been meaning to order some online but I just haven't.  Not too long ago, I was searching around on Pinterest, and came across a few DIY instructions for headbands and rosettes.  I went to JoAnn Fabrics the other day and armed myself with all of the necessary tools.  Gwen has been taking some pretty substantial naps lately, so I got to work..

The first one I tried was the double ruffle.  I know, it's seriously sloppy!  But it was a first attempt and I'm calling it "shabby chic".  I plan on doing this one again with different fabric and I'm hoping that I can get it a bit neater next time.
Double Ruffle Headband
It's so hard to make her smile while I'm taking the pic.
lol she cracks me up with her serious model face


This one I kind of just figured out on my own.  I bought fake flowers, but when I took them off the stem,  the plastic piece was too bulky and would've been uncomfortable for Gwen.  So I took the flowers apart and then sewed them back together before I attached them to the headband.  I anticipate making many more of these, all different sizes and colors.  I love the way it came out.
Pink Ranunculus Headband



Donna just gave me a TON of this pink fabric, so I started making these rosettes.  Guess what I'll be busy doing next week :)




2 comments:

  1. These look awesome Lauren! I love the rose one too :) I can only imagine all the fashionable headbands Gwen will have throughout her childhood now :) I need to get more familiar with my sewing machine some day soon too! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megs!
    I'm still learning, and it helps that these headbands don't require too much sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics