Saturday, July 9, 2011

six months

Happy half birthday to my babe!

Gwen had an awesome 6 month checkup!  I was dreading the vaccines because I had heard from a mommy friend that the this checkup is the 2nd worst one because there are 3 shots.  To my surprise, she took the first 2 shots without even making a peep (I was shocked).  She cried on the 3rd one but it wasn't even a bad cry, she was back to her normal chatty self within less than a minute.

Some highlights from the appointment:
She weighs 16lbs 5oz (70th percentile), and is 26.5 inches tall (87th percentile).
Her strength and control while she's sitting is equal to an 8 or 9 month old!  Even though we only started solids a week ago, we got the go ahead to feed her a second meal.  She was chatting up a storm to the pediatrician, and it turns out that as part of their literacy program she'll get a new book at every visit from now until she's 2 years old (and books are her favorite)!  I spoke with the Dr about the fact that she has been rolling over very infrequently, but she assured me that some babies never roll at all and it's nothing to even think twice about.  (Braggy mom alert:) She said the fact that G holds herself up while sitting so well this early on, and has been for over a month already, is more exceptional.  Yay Gwen!


Just in the past 2 weeks, she has developed so much.  I am loving this 6 month period, she's so much more interactive, chatty, happy and just a joy to be around. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics