Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Long Island Visit

We visited Long Island the weekend before the 4th and had a great time!  We got in some fun adult time when we went out to dinner with Andrea, Michael, Jess, and Garth on Friday night.  Unfortunately, we didn't break out the camera until the drive home, and well, I'll spare you those pics..lol

It was pretty rainy for a good part of the time we were there, which was a bummer because with (3) bathing suits, cover ups, swim diapers, sun hats, sunglasses, and a sun tent in tow for Gwen, I was planning this whole beach/pool weekend.   We were originally going to leave on Sunday, but I made a last minute decision to stay behind a couple extra days with Gwen and Jackson because it was SUCH a gorgeous day on Sunday.  We ended up getting in a great pool day and beach day too.  Here are some pics from the long weekend:


Justin with Gwen on the ferry on our way to LI.   She actually loved it, she was doing her happy screeches for a good part of the ride.

my cute family, enjoying time at my parents' house

Gwen napping on my old baby blanket <3
Andrea, Michael and Jess came over for a visit and Gwen fell asleep on Aunt Dre

my parents backyard oasis, in progress, but already amazing


with Aunt Jessy
Gwen's first visit to Cupsogue! 


 with Aunt Dre
she hung out in the sun tent, it was really hot and sunny that day

the girls

"christening" Gwen in the cool Atlantic
hah! what a cutie <3 





















napping with Grampy on the new deck

Gwen with Grandpa

A good friend of mine who I haven't seen in years came by with her son, Pat

chillin on the hammock
she kept breathing in really deeply because it was cold


giving her a bath after her first swim in the pool
check out these wrinkly tootsies!


lunch on the deck :)


We had such a fun time, and can't wait to go back at the end of July with Aunt Annie!! :)


3 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome trip! She looks like the happiest little sweetie! You look amazing too. I'm going to need some serious pointers when I see you soon. I need to get back to an exercise routine. Life has been a little too hectic for me lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - love the tub and foot photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Megs, we had a lot of fun! I'd be happy to share some pointers. A friend of mine suggested that I do some exercise related blog posts too, so I'm going to start working on that.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics