Sunday, June 9, 2013

waiting...........

I'm constantly being told that going from 1 to 2 kids is a nightmare significant adjustment, so I've been mentally trying to prepare myself and am expecting it to be pretty tough.  At the same time, I'm hoping that expecting the worst, will actually make things seem less challenging????.....haahh...ahhhh...

Lately though, instead of being nervous, I've just been getting really excited to finally meet this boy!  Not sure if this sounds bad, but when I think about how amazing the first couple of days in the hospital were with Gwen, I hope it's just as amazing with him.  Justin and I really came together and worked as a team.  I felt like we bonded in a different way after she was born, and it just made the whole experience so much better.  This time, instead of it just being the two of us, we want to be sure that Gwen is included and comfortable.  All signs point to an easy transition for her - she's still constantly talking about her baby brother, saying good morning to him and giving him hugs and kisses.  She tells us that he'll be sleeping in her old crib while she stays in her big girl bed.  That she'll be sharing her toys, and helping to feed him, rock him...annnd sharing her pah-pah(!).  But there's no way to really know how she'll actually react until he's here.  We're lucky to have a lot of help from family, and Justin is planning a lot of daddy-daughter time including Gwen's first movie - the sequel to Monsters Inc. (which she's obsessed with).

I'm just so excited for our family to be complete, let's get this show on the road, people!!



hugging BB during facetime with Annie Annie



38w 3d


2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Fingers crossed that the little guy makes his appearance for you soon. I think Gwen will be an amazing big sister! And I am also obsessed with Monsters, Inc. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I hope it's soon toooooo!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics