Saturday, June 15, 2013

Tiny Dancer

Gwen's first dance class was back in September 2012.  Before we began, I only expected to try it out for a few months, but she just had so much fun with it!  And when I found out that there would be a recital this summer (even though it was less than a week before my due date), I knew we had to stick with it!  This will be our last month of dance (for now), and we're really going to miss it.  Looking back, I never really imagined just how much she would change in those 9 months...








THE RECITAL

Gwen did AH-MA-ZING at her first recital!!  The song was "Daddy's Little Girl" by Michael Buble in honor of Father's Day this weekend.  While we were waiting backstage, she wanted to get out there so badly.  When we started walking out, she immediately looked for Daddy, and you can see in the video that I posted when she found him and how excited she was.
Towards the end, I *sort of* forgot the routine (I was relying on the teacher giving her cues - but I couldn't find her), but you can see how Gwen knew exactly what she was supposed to be doing and was so confident about it.  I'm so proud of my little lady, she was such a star <3

Below are some photos and a link to the video on youtube!




with Jade and Cece after the recital

proud parents

with Nana & Papa

LINK:
Gwen's Dance Recital


2 comments:

  1. oh Lauren you just look amazing! So happy for you and your impending birth. Love these dance photos and I may be biased but I'm pretty sure Gwen was the best one out there on the stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she really did change throughout the 9 months! I LOVE that shot of her with the black wall background. What a beautiful little lady she is!!! I love all her curly hair too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics