Friday, May 10, 2013

"The Boy" Update

I haven't written about my pregnancy much lately.  Which, I guess is a good thing because overall it's been pretty uneventful.  That could be due to the fact that I'm preoccupied with our increasingly independent 2 year old these days, and half the time I forget that I'm pregnant at all.  Well, I guess that's not entirely true because let me tell you, the boy does NOT let me forget that he's there.  I remember being pregnant with Gwen and not feeling her all day long and then trying to coax her to move in the evening.  After she was born it made sense that she was the most calm, easy-going baby ever.  There were a good 4 months where she was sitting unsupported, and not even trying to go anywhere.  She was completely content just sitting up and watching the world go on around her.  Well if that correlation plays out this time, then we're really in for it with this boy.  The kid is a nut in there.  Flopping, Rolling, Jabbing, Kicking, Throwing his whole body around.  Just about any time I eat, drink, lie down, change positions, he feels the need to throw a party.  I predict he's going to keep his Momma pretty busy once he's on the outside :)

Gwen has been getting very excited for her new brother to arrive.  She calls him "baby brother" and gives him kisses and snuggles.  She also gives him all of her stickers (read: puts them on my belly) when she gets them from dance class, Drs visits, etc.  She keeps asking us to read the same book over and over about a little girl named Penny who gets a baby brother.  The last page shows Penny and Parker making snow angels together and Gwen points to them and says "Gwen! Baby brother!".  Obviously, big transitions like this can pay a toll on kids, but I'm thinking if any toddler has a good shot at a somewhat smooth transition to a new baby it would be Gwen.  *Fingers crossed* I don't come back to this post in a few months and laugh at myself.

Here I am most recently at 34.5 weeks.  I'm officially getting stares at the gym...



We have an ultrasound scheduled for next Tuesday, soo we'll get to see the boy and get an idea of how much he weighs.  According to WTE, at this point he should have already reached his full newborn length - around 20 inches, and average weight is about 5.5lbs for now.

2 comments:

  1. Just from reading your posts and hearing about Gwen I think she is going to be a great big sister! And I am sure you're getting stares at the gym because people can't understand how you look so great :) I remember the owner of the gym not realizing I was even pregnant until I was about 6 months along (don't get me wrong, I think she was an idiot because I did look pregnant) and that felt really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha well you didn't gain much weight with your pregnancy either did you? It definitely helps to stay active, I'm hoping it'll be as easy to lose it as it was last time. I've heard that subsequent pregnancies can be harder, I guess we'll see!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics