Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My big girl on her own

A big milestone I forgot to mention....

I brought Gwen to "play care" at my gym for the first time while I worked out last month.  Up until that point, she had only been left with immediate family, or two different family friends on two separate occasions.

This was probably a bigger step for me than it was for Gwen.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I dressed her in her highlighter yellow pants that morning so she wouldn't get lost in the shuffle!  Before we got there I told her that she would be meeting and playing with new friends, and that I was going to leave her, but that I would come back.  She got excited about the new friends part and kept repeating "mommy leave mmhmmm...come back". Yes, that's right Gwen, I will come back.

So I brought her to the play care, walked around with her, showing her the fun toys and speaking to the women who were working there.  Then I gave her a kiss, told her I would be back, and said goodbye.  She kissed me back and walked off.

SUCCESS!!

Of course I poked my head in a couple of times during my workout, and got a thumbs up from one of the ladies.  When I went to pick her up, she was sitting quietly on the floor looking at books and told me she had a fun time.  I brought her with me again last week, and she did great!  It's so nice to have this option now on days when there are no grandmas available :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics