Thursday, April 12, 2012

fifteen months

15 mo well visit was today and I think G is starting to associate the Dr's office with things that are not fun, i.e. shots.  As soon as I set her down on the table she was PISSED lol!
She calmed down though and overall she did fine.  The Dr confirmed that she's progressing right on track in all areas.  Turns out she's "talking" more than we thought she was, too.  The girl is constantly babbling and making noises with the occasional "dog" or "dada" peppered throughout.   I've noticed that she's been trying to talk more and it seems like she thinks she's saying things to us, she gestures a lot and she definitely understands what we're saying to her, but I wasn't sure if much of what she was saying was considered actual words.  But while we were with the Dr, and Gwen was pointing at her book and saying "a-sat?" she told us that that's her saying "what's that?".  I'll take it!  haha to me, all of her babbling sounds like just...babble, I'm looking forward to some real words in the coming months - although I'm sure that'll change once she starts repeating everything we say!

The Dr told me that she should start putting things in places instead of just taking them out, but my little rockstar has already been doing that for months!  She can even do some shape sorting...ahem! lol

Breastfeeding.  We've drastically cut down since just before her birthday and are currently holding strong at just a nighttime feeding.  There have been nights where I've been out and either Dad or Gram puts Gwen to bed and she does just fine without her bedtime feed.  At this point, it seems like she could take it or leave it and I'm teetering on being done.  At her 12 month visit, the Dr told me that post first birthday, she's getting a very minimal amount of what she needs from the breast milk (I'm sure some people would disagree with that statement).  We're past flu season now, and I'm kind of feeling like I want my body back to myself for a little while.  We're not trying for another babe yet, but at some point we will and it'll be nice to have some completely detached time.  I'm proud of myself for getting this far!  It's been the best thing for Gwen, and anyone who's been through it, (or read this post) knows what a challenge it can be, especially in the beginning.  I know it'll be sad when it's over, so I haven't taken the leap yet, but I feel it coming on very soon. tear. My baby is growing up.

The stats from her visit:

Weight: 20lbs 14oz - 20%
Height: 30.2in - 42%
Head: 17.72in - 25%

Here are a few pics of Gwen's first dining room chair fort!







1 comment:

  1. She's so adorable. Love the fort. Glad you're getting a mini break before the breastfeeding continues :) Next!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics