Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Father's Day!

We had a great first Father's Day this past Sunday!  Earlier in the week, I took Gwen to have her hand and footprints painted on some pottery.  We did a plate for her room, and a mug for daddy for Father's day.  Here we are getting it done: 
 She actually did really well, and loved squishing the paint in her hand.

And below is the finished product of the mug.  Her handprint is on the other side and it says her name and birthday.  The bottom says "Happy 1st Father's Day".  We haven't picked up the plate yet, but I'll post a pic when it's finished!  We went to a studio in Marblehead, called Mis-Chris Designs to have these done.  Her website is being updated, but the link has her contact info.
    I also framed this photo for him.  Daddy with his two kiddos:

Here we are, waiting for the men-folk to go to lunch at the Cracker Barrel.  Notice the "I Love Daddy" onesie :)

And a few more photos from the day:






This week we're excited to head to LI, so it'll be a belated Father's Day for my dad.  Of course I'll be posting about our visit when we return!

PS - I've been wanting to post about Memorial Day weekend, when Anne visited.  But our stinkin' external hard drive failed so now we have to go through a whole process of accessing the BILLIONS of photos that were on there.  I promise I'll post once I have access to those pics again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics