Monday, September 26, 2011

Three Ohhhh!

That's right, I turned the big 3-0 on Friday.  Gwen and I had a low key day - we went to the library for a playgroup and ran some errands.  When Justin got home, he surprised me with flowers and ice cream cake (my fav), and we ordered a pizza (also my fav).

On Saturday we went to the Harpoon Brewery with our good friends Rob and Stevie for a tour and tasting.  Afterwards, we went out to dinner at Morton's Steakhouse in Boston and then stayed at the Marriott right on the waterfront.  We had a great view of Boston and the harbor from our room.



3 September birthdays = 3 delicious desserts (and the sang to us!)



                                
the view of Boston from our room

view of the waterfront and WTC



This was a huge milestone for me, being my first overnight away from Gwen.  She stayed over Justin's parents house.  They were completely thrilled but it was hard for me to let her go when we dropped her off.  After we left I missed her, but I'm really comfortable leaving her with her Nana and Papa so I think I did pretty well.
The toughest part logistically was the fact that I've never been away from her for more than one feeding at a time, and she doesn't get a bottle very often, so I really didn't have a great idea of how much milk to leave - so I left all that I had - and she ended up going through it all!  So now to build the supply back up for a wedding we're going to in 2 weeks!
We had such a great night and we always have fun spending time with Rob and Stevie.   What an awesome feeling seeing my babe again on Sunday, though :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy late Birthday! I don't know why I didn't see this earlier. Glad you survived being away from Gwen for the night :) Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics